Simple Palak Ridgegourd RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
2 Bunch Spinach/Palak Leaves
1 Small Potato
1 -2 RidgeGourd/Turai
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Teaspoon Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Garam Masala,
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
Salt as per taste
- Wash Palak Leaves and cut them into thin pieces and keep them aside. Meanwhile, chop 1 onion, 1 tomato, 1 potato thinly sliced and keep it aside.
- Wash the ridge gourd thoroughly with water and dry using a kitchen towel. Peel the ridge gourd using a peeler and discard the peels. Then place the ridge gourd on a chopping board and cut off the stem. Then cut it into 2 halves lengthwise using a sharp knife. Place one half on the chopping board and make vertical slits at regular intervals using a sharp knife.
- Heat a 1 tablespoon oil and add cumin seeds fry until it starts to crackle, Once it starts to crackle add onion and fry till it turns translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste fry until the raw smell disappears. Add tomato fry until it turns mushy once it becomes mushy add potato cover and cook until potato turns soft for 1-2 minutes in the medium flame.
- Turn the flame low Add all the spices powder as mentioned above and salt to taste cover and cook for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Add Ridge gourd and Palak leaves cover and cook until it turns soft on a low flame at least for 7-10 minutes
- Finally, garnish with some coriander leaves and serve with rice, roti, or chapati