This is one of the easy and simple sweet potato recipe tried by me. It has come out delicious.
Easy and Simple Sweet Potato Recipes
2 big sized Sweet Potato
1 big sized Onion, 1 big sized Tomato
250-300 grams of Beans
Salt as per taste, 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds, a pinch of Asafoetida powder/whole
1-2 tablespoon of oil
1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste
Freshly chopped Coriander leaves for garnish
- Spice Powders
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Wash and trim both the edges of beans. Cut them into pieces of about 1.5 inches length and put them in a colander and wash them until the dirt’s go away and keep them aside.
- Cut into thinly sliced pieces of onion, tomato and keep them aside
- Peel off the skin of sweet potato and cut them into small pieces, wash them and soak them in water else it will turn blackish.
- Heat oil in a cooker pan add cumin seeds and once its starts to crackle add onion and fry them till they turn translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste fry until raw smell disappears. Add chopped tomato fry until they turn mushy.
- Add all the spice powders listed under Spice Powders above and add salt to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes in a medium flame.
- Add chopped beans and fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add 1-2 cups of water as per your required consistency of gravy close the lid and cook for 2-3 whistles or until it is cooked.
- Switch of the flame and let the pressure settle down by its own. Open the lid and garnish with the some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice, chapati, or roti.